This article is for tenants who live in a building where SSHnet is available.
Do I have to arrange internet myself?
On My SSH (tab 'My accommodation') you'll read how the internet is arranged in your building. Many SSH buildings are connected to SSHnet. The information below is for those tenants living in these buildings.
Common internet problems
Most tenants report the following problems:
- I don't have internet connection
- The wifi is very slow
- The television gives an error message
- The television has a blocky picture
- I have been quarantined
To solve your internet problems (or al least, to try!), it's important to know where you're living. Below, click on the name of your building. This will take you to a page with information about and solutions for your specific situation.
- Rotterdam: 't Leidsche Veem, Robert Baelde, Caland II, d'Blaauwe Molen, Overhoningen, Hatta, Erasmus International House en Pand de Vries.
- Utrecht: IBB laagbouw, IBB hoogbouw, Cambridgelaan, De Bisschoppen, Casa Confetti, De Sterren, Enny Vredelaan, TWC, Johanna, Mammoet, Kariboestraat, Gansstraat, Reestraat, Amsterdamsestraatweg, Otterstraat, Biltstraat, Aurora, Zevenwouden, Miquelhuis, De Opaal, Alexander Numankade 1, Kruisstraat 101-179 en Predikherenstraat 19A.
- Zeist: Warande
- Zwolle: Talentenplein
- Groningen: Upsilon, Winschoterdiep en Libertas
I have (temporarily) suspended my studies. Can I still use SSHnet?
If you (temporarily) stop your studies, your account from eduroam will end. The solution is to visit www.publicroam.nl and to create an account. Wherever we offer eduroam, publicroam is also available.